Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Amuse-Bouche

















  • Star Magazine, not necessarily the  most reliable source, reports it has a world exclusive in revealing that Angelina Jolie is 2 months pregnimicated.  Recent rumours had been that the Jolie-Pitts were planning to adopt a child from the Phillipines, because Myanmar told them to go fly a kite when they nosed around about getting a kid there, but Star is saying that another holy conception has occurred and has done wonders to settle the recent acrimony in their relationship. 

    Right, because babies fix everything - who doesn't know this?
     
    I personally do not believe this rumour because there was no parting of clouds or trumpeting of the Heavenly Choir to announce another of Brad's hayseed seed had reached and penetrated one of Angelina's Holy Ovum. 

    I'll wait for photographic evidence of any enlargement of the golden womb or an announcement from these two hyper-fertile, baby-collecting flakes themselves. 














  • Disney star Miley Cyrus is an adolescent bean-head (aren't they all, bless their little hormonal hearts) but Jamie Foxx went waay too far - beyond the pale, in fact - in his recent remarks about her.  He should've stopped at "is she the one with all them gums?" but he didn't.  He was gross and inappropriate and I wouldn't begrudge Billy Ray Cyrus giving Foxx a fat punch in the mouth.  The People story is considerably santitized but trust me when I say Foxx's remarks included mention of Miley, chlamydia and a bicycle seat. 

    Foxx has run the necessary PR  damage control and apologized, but I'd still give Billy Ray five minutes alone with him.  A dad should have that right when somebody trash talks their little girl like that. 










(That better the right kind of cheese...)
  • Regarding the recent incident at a Domino's Pizza that has been making the rounds on the world-wide web, (check out the video here from Perez Hilton), two employees have been fired and there are warrants out for their arrests as a result of a criminal complaint filed by the franchisee of the location in question.  Good for him because this kind of fuckery should not stand, nor end in mere termination of employees. 

    The two employees are apparently evading arrest.  Of course they are, they're fear-crapping in their Dickies and getting as far as their Ben Sherman's and skateboards will carry them. 

    In the age of SARS, tainted meat and lettuce encrusted with e-coli, fucking around with people's food is a serious thing my friends.  Especially with the mention of the one employee putting cheese up his nose and then on a sub sandwich being gay, HIV raises it's ugly head and panics the broader population who is unaware of how the virus is actually spread. Oh, and that not all "the Gays" have "the Aids" it should be mentioned. 

    The broader social message in my mind is for all these McJob employers out there: you pay peanuts, you get monkeys WHO TAKE IT OUT ON AN USUSPECTING GENERAL PUBLIC. 

    I know this because a staff member at a local KFC where I lived was caught jizzing into the mashed potatoes. I've seen video of staff urinating into coffee pots. A friend of mine received a pizza (not Domino's it should be mentioned) a la pubic hair topping. 

    This madness will mostly end when these workers are paid more and receive a little more respect, from us and their employers, however; a lot of them are teens (see above mention of bean-headedness) who don't take anything seriously anyway, or disgruntled adults who can't find work anywhere else and really, truly hate their jobs...and that means they hate you, too. 

    Thing is, with the abysmal level of pay and no benefits this is exactly the class of employee these jobs attract: People who don't realize what "service" really means and because of that attitude of disdain for what they do, the consumers regard service industry employees as second-class citizens.

    Attitudes have to change on all sides because if they don't, people will still be getting their food spit on. Or jizzed in. Or have some guy with crabs scratch his pubes all over your fajitas. 

6 comments:

  1. It does happen. My daughter used to manage a Denny's, and if you went in there on a weekend, you never ordered nachos if Paul was cooking because he loved to hawk up a lugie and spit it into the nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I'm fairly sick of gossip articles declaring that if Jolie is pregnant it was done to stop the fighting... um, the fighting part is ALSO purely gossip. And now, if they ARE expecting, everyone is going to go on and on about it happening to "save" the relationship. There's never been any evidence those two are anything but happy, and that seems to be what people can't stand.

    My mom has 6 kids... does that make her a baby collector?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I wouldn't say having 6 kids makes one a baby collector but I would say continually prowling the four corners of the earth for another child and alternating that with pregnancies does. There's nothing wrong with large or blended families, obviously, but I think it's evident that Jolie has some serious issues going way back. Were it not for the fact of who she is and that she's extremely wealthy, people would regard her with the same disdain as Nadya Suleman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the disdain for Nadya Suleman is not that she has had so many children. We have the Duggers and Jon and Kate, and they have their admirers (I admit to fascination with J & K's toddlers myself). I think it's more that she thinks she can do whatever she wants, involving as many other people as need be, including her own children, without a thought to how she is going to manage it. "Someone will bail me out." Same reasoning that got us in this financial crunch. I know you've all heard about Denny's new breakfast special, the Octomom - eight eggs, no sausage, and the guy next to you has to pay for it? Irresponsibility on her part gets her the disdain, not the number of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Syko, that joke is priceless. I told my Dad and he nearly dropped his cigar into the bone dry bushes and set fire to his house. Could he have sued Octomom for that?

    As for Angelina, I'm with Baho on this one. As Michael K would say, something in the milk ain't right.

    In high school, I knew a couple of guys who worked at Round Table, and they would do terrible things to the pizza sauce. Involving urine. At least the germs died in the oven, right? Yeah, nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I respectfully disagree regarding Jolie. I don't think anyone questioned Mia Farrow's sanity in regard to the many children she adopted. I know two families who have adopted and had many childred (one five so far, one seven and they've been done for awhile) and they're considered wonderful, giving, gracious people. Just because Jolie made the choice to make her "movie star" image that of a wild child when she first started out doesn't mean she's any less wonderful, giving and gracious. I don't get the disdain for people who choose to ADOPT many children. I totally get, though do not share, the disdain for people who purposefully bring that many children into the world, but not at all for those who choose to adopt as many as they can give a happy, loving, blessed life.

    So, that's all I'll say about that.

    ReplyDelete